From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] accidentally deleted the /usr (I'm gonna kill myself!)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 21:05:56
1 On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 8:33 PM, Nikita Tropin <posixivist32@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Not so long ago I was mrpropered my /home. You situation is much
3 > harder but... There is exist utility sys-fs/extundelete and if you
4 > have ~500-600mb of unparted
5 > disk space(and of course your /<removed usr> is ext fs), you can
6 > create new /usr there, unpack stage3's /usr to /<newusr>, chroot,
7 > emerge extundelete, and try to restore all your data. But for my
8 > experience it restored ~20-30%, may be you'll be more lucky.
11 Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately the situation was worse that I thought!
12 Almost all of the /usr was gone, and I decided to do a clean reinstall.
13 I didn't have so much installed ( xorg, i3 and some other packages ).
14 I finished the reinstall several hours ago, and on the bright side I
15 have a update system now!
16
17 Thanks everybody for your time and help.