From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] gnupg upgraded, problems arised
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 17:21:08
1 On Tuesday 02 January 2007 10:32, Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com> wrote
2 about 'Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] gnupg upgraded, problems arised':
3 > I have masked 2.x version as need to work.
4 > I'm not pgp guru and wil wait for other's opinions.
5
6 I didn't find a bug filed, although there was one for the need (or lack
7 thereof) to slot gnupg-2.0.x...
8
9 Anyway, I uninstalled gnupg-1.4.x and gnupg-1.9.x and installed
10 gnupg-2.0.x. I then shut down my agent(s) and any other programs that
11 might be using the old gnupg libraries (like kmail).
12
13 At this point, I'm not running gnupg-2.0.x and my old passphrase continues
14 to work.
17 "If there's one thing we've established over the years,
18 it's that the vast majority of our users don't have the slightest
19 clue what's best for them in terms of package stability."
20 -- Gentoo Developer Ciaran McCreesh