From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Sun java from source?
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:49:48
1 On Saturday 22 December 2007, Yahya Mohammad wrote:
2
3 > Apparently there are some bits in sun-jdk licensed from 3rd parties
4 > that are proprietary. Openjdk project is to replace the proprietary
5 > pieces to get a fully buildable open source java. However, there's
6 > already a project called IcedTea that combines the open parts of Java
7 > with GNU classpath to get a useable jdk. I found a package of it for
8 > one of my boxes running ubuntu, and it works fine. Maybe we should
9 > have an ebuild for it too..
10
11 Ah thanks, I wasn't aware of idectea. Yes, it seems that having it in
12 gentoo would be a good idea. Thanks!
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list