From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Weird networking problem
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 05:30:06
1 * Michael Sullivan (michael@××××××××××××.com) [22.09.08 01:16]:
2 >
3 > In the VirtualBox user manual, the section that talks about bridging, it
4 > says in one part:
5 >
6 > If your host is running Windows XP or newer, you can also use the built-in
7 > bridging
8 > feature to connect your host interfaces to your physical network card.
9 > After creating
10 > the desired host interfaces, select your physical network adapter in the
11 > Network Connections
12 > folder and the desired host interface adapters and select “Bridge
13 > connections”
14 > from the popup menu.
15 >
16 > My laptop runs Windows Vista, but I don't know what is meant by the phrase
17 > "Network Connections folder". Is it a virtualbox thing? Is it a Windows
18 > thing? Either way, where is it?
19
20 It is the Windows thingy...
21
22 Sebastian
25 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " Karl Marx
26
27 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de