From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OFF TOPIC, sort of. Playing DVDs in DVD players and DVD disc type
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 19:43:18
3 > That's what I was afraid of. I'm going to go up to my friends in a bit,
4 > to look at deer pics from our trail cameras, and I'll get the brand and
5 > model and do some googling, startpaging for me. I was hoping that
6 > modern ones would 'Just Work' but I guess they are still picky.
7 >
8 > I've been using Gentoo since about that time too. While I'm not opposed
9 > to switching to something else, I'm not really wanting to either. ;-)
10 >
11 > Thanks for the info.
12 >
13 > Dale
14 >
15 > :-) :-)
18 I wouldn't be leaving Gentoo if there wasn't need but sadly these
19 days, for my computing needs, there is. Gentoo's been a great distro
20 but for my work but over the last 2-3 years it's gotten too hard to
21 keep things that aren't in portage working correctly so I'm giving
22 into the ease of Ubuntu. I've had to run Ubuntu as a VM for the last 2
23 years. No update has taken more than 5 minutes. No update has failed.
24 My wife's machine running Kubuntu has been easy. This install was
25 about 15 minutes. The update was about 15 minutes. She's happy and
26 happy wife is a happy life so off I go.
27
28 Good luck with your DVD work.
29
30 Cheers,