From: Peter <pete4abw@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Portage 50-51% and emerge metadata timings
Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:48:48
1 On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 10:53:18 -0500, Peter wrote:
2 > For right now, I have reiser handling /mnt/src, and I'll leave this
3 > alone for a while. Don't know if performance will improve. It _might_
4 > since the act of syncing will force a read through the entire portage
5 > tree which might make metadata faster
8 Things were going along great...Well, after 4 days, it's back to hanging
9 at 50-51% again. Hope this is better in the next version of portage.
12 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list