From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] trouble with evince (mime bad?)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 13:46:46
1 At Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:40:42 +0200 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Saturday 14 February 2009 01:50:38 Allan Gottlieb wrote:
4 >> Recently evince stopped working on one of my machines, ajglap.
5 >>
6 >> For every pdf, evince opens a window and complains
7 >>   unable to open document
8 >>   unhandled mime type
9 >
10 > As you use evince, you may be a gnome user, so this might not help you. I
11 > recently had all my kde associations and (very surprisingly) a number of
12 > others from other DEs go scrambled. Rebuilding kdelibs fixed all of it.
13 >
14 > I never did figure out how this could occur. Possibly it's something to do
15 > with DEs converging on freedesktop.org standards, so an oopsie in one can have
16 > system-wide side0effects.
17
18 Yes, I should have mentioned that I am a gnome user.
19 Thank you for responding.
20
21 allan