From: Frank Pikelner <frank.pikelner@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Monitoring and Management of servers
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 02:17:03
1 Hello James,
2
3 Our Versiera system is slightly different as it is not just a monitoring
4 system, but includes remote management functions and is an Internet hosted
5 application service (though an appliance is available that support SNMP
6 1/2/3). Our system uses agents that use digital certificates to encrypt and
7 secure all traffic. We are working on adding full scheduling, software
8 distribution, and automated documentation of an environment.
9
10 We will be offering graphing in the 2.0 release when we bring online the
11 ability to store and archive historical information. not just performance
12 numbers. The system supports Linux, OSX, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD, Solaris,
13 and Windows. Hardware support includes IA-32, IA-64, PowerPC, and Sparc.
14
15 The web intefrace is based on AJAX and provides such features as search
16 suggestion. If you have time, have a look http(s)://www.versiera.com/.
17 There is a complete feature list on http://www/netcraftcommunications.com/.
18
19 Cheers,