From: james <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Monitoring and Management of servers
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 23:56:32
1 Frank Pikelner <frank.pikelner <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > We've been working hard on adding features to our hosted infrastructure
5 > monitoring and management system. To give back to the open source
6 > community we now provide a completely free hosted version that includes
7 > the following features:
8 > - asset management
9 > - passive monitoring
10 > - software inventory
11 > - network configuration settings, including speed/duplex
12 > - performance monitoring
13 > - alerts and notifications
14 > - daemon/service control
15 > - server state control (reboot, shutdown, logoff)
16 > - historical changes (software, hardware, accounts)
17 > - calendaring of events
18 > - schedule tracking (cron)
19 > - dashboards
20 > - reporting (csv, pdf)
21 > - dynamic DNS
22 > - all communications authenticated and encrypted with digital certificates
23 > For those that may be interested, please send me an email and I will provide
24 further details.
25 > Best regards,
26 > Frank
29 Hello Framk,
30
31 Have you compared your offering against JFFNMS feature by feature?
32 JFFNMS is a total open source offering including support
33 for SNMP 1/2/3 and is very extenable to new types of network
34 attached devices of any make.
35
36 Do you have an ebuild for your offering?
37 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=0&chap=0
38 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Installing_3rd_Party_Ebuilds
41 Version 8.3 of Jffnms has just been released, with many
42 new features, bug fixes and a stream-lined installation.
43 Hopefully it'll appear soon in portage (bug 147991).
46 James
55 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list