From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Different servers behind the same router
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:52:22
1 On 3 Feb 2009, at 17:43, Momesso Andrea wrote:
2 > ...
3 > What happens if I decide to switch to the "router" configuration? If I
4 > have a single IP for all the machines in the LAN, when someone from
5 > the
6 > outside will try to connect to homeserver.foo or to webserver.bar,
7 > will
8 > they be routed to the correct machine?
9
10 No, they will all reach the router's IP address. It will have an
11 option for "port forwarding" so that you can forward port 80 to the
12 webserver and ports 25 & 110 to the mail server. If you have two
13 webservers behind the router then you need to use one to proxy forward
14 to the other.
15
16 "NAT" is another Google keyword.
17