From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Noteworthy change in the way Chrome logs in
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 10:52:21
1 On Tuesday, 25 September 2018 03:11:38 BST Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 02:59:17PM +0100, Mick wrote
3 >
4 > > This is worse than I expected. OK, therefore never signing into Google's
5 > > systems with Chromium is the only way to stop this invasion of privacy.
6 > > Thankfully, we still have Firefox. ;-)
7 >
8 > Ahemm...
9 > https://dustri.org/b/mozilla-is-still-screwing-around-with-privacy-in-firef
10 > ox.html
11
12 Yes, there is this leaking agent running in FF, but I have (almost) disabled
13 telemetry. The problem is this pesky entry which is shown as "locked" and
14 therefore unable to be disabled in about:config
15
16 Preference Name Status Type Value
18 toolkit.telemetry.enabled locked boolean true
21 Regards,
22 Mick