From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: Noteworthy change in the way Chrome logs in
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2018 11:03:11
1 Mick wrote:
2 > On Tuesday, 25 September 2018 03:11:38 BST Walter Dnes wrote:
3 >> On Mon, Sep 24, 2018 at 02:59:17PM +0100, Mick wrote
4 >>
5 >>> This is worse than I expected. OK, therefore never signing into Google's
6 >>> systems with Chromium is the only way to stop this invasion of privacy.
7 >>> Thankfully, we still have Firefox. ;-)
8 >> Ahemm...
9 >> https://dustri.org/b/mozilla-is-still-screwing-around-with-privacy-in-firef
10 >> ox.html
11 > Yes, there is this leaking agent running in FF, but I have (almost) disabled
12 > telemetry. The problem is this pesky entry which is shown as "locked" and
13 > therefore unable to be disabled in about:config
14 >
15 > Preference Name Status Type Value
16 > ========================= ====== ======= =====
17 > toolkit.telemetry.enabled locked boolean true
21 Just for giggles, I looked at my config and it shows a default status
22 and is set to false.  Maybe it is a difference in version or could it be
23 a USE flag makes a difference or something else???  I'm on Firefox
24 52.9.0.  Maybe you are using the latest version.  I'm stuck here due to
25 some add ons not ready for the newer versions.
26
27 Dale
28