From: Mike Edenfield <kutulu@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server-1.5.3-r5 log messages
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 19:06:12
1 On 4/8/2009 2:02 PM, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > With my new xorg almost there from a configuration perspective I can see these
5 > warnings now in my log:
6 >
7 > (WW) xf86OpenConsole: setpgid failed: Operation not permitted
8 > (WW) xf86OpenConsole: setsid failed: Operation not permitted
9
10 These are common and shouldn't be causing any problems. I'm not
11 completely clear why X is trying to do what it's doing but those
12 functions are used to manage process groups that relate processes for
13 signalling purposes. Since X is clearly still working, these failures
14 should be harmless.
15
16 > (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/OTF" does not exist.
17 > Entry deleted from font path.
18
19 This is also completely harmless. It just means X has this path in its
20 default list of font paths, but you don't have those fonts installed, so
21 it's taking it out of its list.
22
23 --Mike