From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: external (NFTS) USB 2TB stick error mount.
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2021 22:59:19
1 On 11/1/21 4:47 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2021-11-01, thelma@×××××××××××.com <thelma@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> I format external nvme SSD (M.2) drive as NTFS on Windows (to store
5 >> some pictures etc.) But when I insert the drive on Linux box (it
6 >> has support for NTFS enabled) I get an error:
7 >
8 > Please define what you mean by "it has support for NTFS enabled".
9 >
10 > Are you running a v5.15 kernel with the new in-tree NTFS driver?
11 >
12 > Are you using the ntfs3g FUSE driver?
13 >
14 > Are you using the old, read-only NTFS in-tree driver?
15
16 I'm using kernel: 5.4.72-gentoo
17
18 Under: File systems:
19 DOS/FAT/NT Filesystems:
20 <*> MSDOS fs support
21 - <*> VFAT (Windows-95) fs support
22 - <*> NTFS file system support
23 - [*] NTFS write support
24 After installing sys-fs/ntfs3g
25 It keeps telling I don't have:
26 CONFIG_FUSE_FS: is not set when it should be.
27
28 I think I need to enable:
29 < > FUSE (Filesystem in Userspace) support