From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] NVidia drivers and vanilla kernel Linux 4.7.0 anyone?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 18:05:35
1 On 31/07/2016 1:54 AM, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
2 > David Haller <gentoo@×××××××.de> [16-07-30 13:24]:
3 >> Hello,
4 >>
5 >> On Sat, 30 Jul 2016, Meino.Cramer@×××.de wrote:
6 >>> trying the new kernel linux-4.7 (vanilla, downloaded from
7
8 [snip]
11 > Short qyestion: How can I apply it...I mean...as soon as I do an
12 > emerge, either the original source will be unpacked or my package
13 > will be rejected for being modified an different from the one, which
14 > does not compile...
15 >
16 > ?
17 >
18 > Best regards,
19 > Meino
20
21 It's currently 2am Perth time and I've been staring at a screen for too
22 long trying to get a portable Win32 dev environmet for Uni students
23 working. I've consumed a fair amount of chocolate so the usual grain of
24 salt proviso applies. If I've understood the question correctly, this
25 link may be of help:
26
27 http://tinyurl.com/jur3t8v
28