From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packages from overlays
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 04:22:30
1 Willie Wong wrote:
2 > Hi list,
3 >
4 > Is there a way of finding out whether I have packages installed on
5 > my system from a given overlay? I am asking because I noticed that
6 > some of the packages I've installed (such as GoogleEarth) from
7 > overlays had been incorporated into the official portage. I would
8 > like to 'unsubscribe' to overlays that doesn't have packages that I
9 > need.
10 >
11 > Thanks,
12 >
13 > Willie
16 You may want to reconsider this. I have googleearth installed here and
17 it doesn't get along well with portage and it's digest checking. Of
18 course, it doesn't like my dial-up either. LOL
19
20 >From what I understand Google doesn't allow Gentoo to mirror the souce
21 tarball. After you install it and sync later on, if Google has changed
22 something, you get a digest error. It will delete the tarball from
23 distfiles too. I'm on dial-up and that sort of ticks me off,
24
25 The way I got around it is to manually delete it from my world file.
26 That way it doesn't check the digest. Some guru may have a better way
27 to do this but this is what I have ran into with googleearth. May want
28 to check farther before you run into the same thing I did.
29
30 Hope that helps, and makes sense. Sometimes I don't. LOL
31
32 Dale
33
37 www.myspace.com/dalek1967