From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packages from overlays
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 04:33:43
1 On 1/13/07, Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net> wrote:
2 > You may want to reconsider this. I have googleearth installed here and
3 > it doesn't get along well with portage and it's digest checking. Of
4 > course, it doesn't like my dial-up either. LOL
5
6 It would appear google has updated their package without changing the
7 name, and portage has not been notified of this change. If you want it
8 to work, delete the digest file for it in
9 ${PORTAGE_DIR}/x11-misc/googleearth/files/digest-googleearth-4_beta
10 and then re-generate it with
11 ebuild ${PORTAGE_DIR}/x11-misc/googleearth/googleearth-4_beta digest
12
13 and that should fix you up. I found it still compiles and runs fine *shrugs*
16 /<ent Fredric
17 (aka theJackal)
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list