From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] etc-update
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 17:58:52
1 Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2 > On Monday 26 June 2006 16:24, Alexander Skwar wrote:
3 >> Hm. Why? What's bad about etc-update?
4 >
5 > I dislike using diff.
6
7 Hm. dispatch-conf uses diff as well and etc-update can be configured
8 to use a different program.
9
10 > On my desktop I use meld (all graphical) and on my
11 > server I use vimdiff. dispatch-update takes care of trivial merges
12
13 So does etc-update.
14
15 > (changes
16 > in cvs headers or commentaries)
17
18 Ah, okay, that's a bit better. As far as I know, etc-update only
19 automerges changes in whitespace.
20
21 > and changes in files that I have never edited
22 > automatically.
23
24 That's nice.
25
26 > dispatch-conf supports automatic use of rcs (revision control
27 > system) so I can revert my configs if I need to..
28
29 That's also nice.
30
31 Alexander Skwar
32 --
33 Old age is the most unexpected of things that can happen to a man.
34 -- Trotsky
35 --
36 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list