From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ip_conntrack - is it missing
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 19:14:19
1 On Monday 7 January 2008, reader@×××××××.com wrote:
2
3 > Should I have compiled them directly into the kernel?
4
5 Well, this is usually a matter of debates. For iptables stuff, I
6 generally compile everything into the kernel, but I'm sure there are
7 people who can find good reasons for using modules. So, it's ultimately
8 up to you.
9
10 If you want iptables to be active and working all the time, then I think
11 you can compile its stuff into the kernel. It would be nice if someone
12 who uses modules also showed his reasons for keeping it as modules, so
13 you could get a better picture and make a more informed decision.
14 --
15 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list