From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] pinentry doesn't work with Emacs anymore
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 15:23:01
1 Hi!
2 A short while ago, pinentry-gtk2 was removed from
3 app-crypt/pinentry. Around the same time, app-crypt/gnupg was
4 updated. Since then, I can not use the gpg-agent from whithin Emacs
5 (--deamon) anymore. When I commit something with Magit, I get no
6 password dialog but this error message instead:
7
8 error: gpg failed to sign the data
9
10 After I add the key to the agent in another way (with `echo "test" | gpg
11 --clearsign` for example), it works in Emacs again. So it seems that
12 there is something wrong with my pinentry setup.
13
14 I tried pinentry-gnome3 and pinentry-qt5, it makes no
15 difference. GPG_AGENT_INFO is known to Emacs.
16
17 This is my ~/.gnupg/gpg-agent.conf:
23 pinentry-program /usr/bin/pinentry
24
25 Does anybody know what the problem might be?
26
27 Kind regards, tastytea
30 Get my PGP key with `gpg --locate-keys tastytea@××××××××.de` or at
31 <https://tastytea.de/tastytea.asc>.