From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Fumblefingers corrupts an ebuild, plea for help
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 21:54:52
1 Try deleting the emerge then running emerge sync
5 On Sun, October 16, 2005 5:04 am, Kevin O'Gorman said:
6 > I thought I was just looking, but after closing the editor my emerges are
7 > complaining about a corrupted ebuild of xchat. Specifically,
8 >
9 >> calculating world dependencies -/usr/portage/net-irc/xchat/xchat-
10 > 2.4.5.ebuild: line 24: syntax error near unexpected token `>'
11 >> /usr/portage/net-irc/xchat/xchat-2.4.5.ebuild: line 24: ` !xchatnogtk? (
12 >>=x11-libs/gtk+-2.0.3 )'
13 >>
14 >> !!! ERROR: net-irc/xchat-2.4.5 failed.
15 >> !!! Function , Line 1686, Exitcode 1
16 >> !!! error sourcing ebuild
17 >> !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status
18 > message.
19 >
20 > Clearly, I did this to myself. But now I don't know how to set it right. I
21 > suspect
22 > all the pieces are here, but a quick look at distfiles didn't even show
23 > that
24 > version
25 > of xchat, so I don't know how to proceed. The syntax of the offending line
26 > looks enough like the ones around it that I can't intuit a quick edit fix.
27 > Maybe somebody could email the correct ebuild, or quick instructions for
28 > forcing a new unpack or whatever seems best?
29 >
30 > While I'm here: the reason I was looking was that I was wondering what the
31 > USE flags xchatdccserver, xchatnogtk and xchattext do, and was hoping the
32 > ebuild itself might tell me. It didn't, or at least not very well.
33 > Especially the
34 > xchattext one.
35 >
36 > ++ kevin