From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Fumblefingers corrupts an ebuild, plea for help
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 16:09:14
1 I thought I was just looking, but after closing the editor my emerges are
2 complaining about a corrupted ebuild of xchat. Specifically,
3
4 > calculating world dependencies -/usr/portage/net-irc/xchat/xchat-
5 2.4.5.ebuild: line 24: syntax error near unexpected token `>'
6 > /usr/portage/net-irc/xchat/xchat-2.4.5.ebuild: line 24: ` !xchatnogtk? (
7 >=x11-libs/gtk+-2.0.3 )'
8 >
9 > !!! ERROR: net-irc/xchat-2.4.5 failed.
10 > !!! Function , Line 1686, Exitcode 1
11 > !!! error sourcing ebuild
12 > !!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status
13 message.
14
15 Clearly, I did this to myself. But now I don't know how to set it right. I
16 suspect
17 all the pieces are here, but a quick look at distfiles didn't even show that
18 version
19 of xchat, so I don't know how to proceed. The syntax of the offending line
20 looks enough like the ones around it that I can't intuit a quick edit fix.
21 Maybe somebody could email the correct ebuild, or quick instructions for
22 forcing a new unpack or whatever seems best?
23
24 While I'm here: the reason I was looking was that I was wondering what the
25 USE flags xchatdccserver, xchatnogtk and xchattext do, and was hoping the
26 ebuild itself might tell me. It didn't, or at least not very well.
27 Especially the
28 xchattext one.
29
30 ++ kevin