From: Michael Kjorling <michael@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: SOLVED: [gentoo-user] System shutdown from within Xfce
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:30:38
1 On 2006-01-04 11:09 -0600, john@×××××.net wrote:
2 >> I can now shut down and reboot from within the GUI, and it doesn't
3 >> seem to have opened any obvious other security holes.
4 >
5 > well, except ANY user in your wheel group can shut down your
6 > box.....not saying that's a bad thing, but you need to know who all
7 > is in it...
8
9 Yes, I am perfectly aware of that and it is also what I want. Of
10 course my account is the only one besides root that is in the wheel
11 group, but that's my own headache. :)
14 Michael Kjörling, michael@××××××××.com - http://michael.kjorling.com/
15 * ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML Mail, Proprietary Attachments *
16 * ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *