From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: SOLVED: [gentoo-user] System shutdown from within Xfce
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 17:52:22
1 On Jan 4, 2006, at 11:23 AM, Michael Kjorling wrote:
2
3 > On 2006-01-04 11:09 -0600, john@×××××.net wrote:
4 >>> I can now shut down and reboot from within the GUI, and it doesn't
5 >>> seem to have opened any obvious other security holes.
6 >>
7 >> well, except ANY user in your wheel group can shut down your
8 >> box.....not saying that's a bad thing, but you need to know who all
9 >> is in it...
10 >
11 > Yes, I am perfectly aware of that and it is also what I want. Of
12 > course my account is the only one besides root that is in the wheel
13 > group, but that's my own headache. :)
14 >
15 sorry, too much time spent pointing out the obvious to management
16 lately :)
17 > --
18 > Michael Kjörling, michael@××××××××.com - http://michael.kjorling.com/
19 > * ASCII Ribbon Campaign: Against HTML Mail, Proprietary Attachments *
20 > * ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list