From: behrouz khosravi <bz.khosravi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is kde really buggy or it is me?!
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:27:05
1 I just wanted to open system setting to configure the screen brightness,
2 but it was not loading.
3 It is working good is general.
4 On Sep 18, 2014 5:48 PM, "Alec Ten Harmsel" <alec <alec@××××××××××××××.com>@
5 <alec@××××××××××××××.com>alectenharmsel.com <alec@××××××××××××××.com>>
6 wrote:
7 >
8 > On 09/18/2014 09:15 AM, behrouz khosrav
9
10 On 09/18/2014 09:15 AM, behrouz khosravi wrote:
11 >
12 > Hi.
13 > I have just installed the kde desktop. I like the overall experience
14 > but its kind of buggy. For example the last problem that I had, system
15 > setting was not responding till the next reboot.
16 > I have not used kde before so, I was wondering that is buggy or I have
17 > configured something wrong?
18 >
19 What settings exactly were you setting? It's been my experience that
20 changing a handful of disparate values sometimes will not take full
21 effect until after a reboot, especially if it deals with language or
22 appearance.
23
24 Additionally, KDE is a pretty large DE. If you don't have your graphics
25 driver installed/loaded, it may continue to be buggy and/or slow.
26
27 Alec