From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Recovering installed files after hard drive replacement (was LVM Recovery....)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:04:36
1 On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 06:50:25 -0700 (PDT), BRM wrote:
2
3 > Any how...I had /opt and /usr/local mapped to the VG - they were the
4 > only parts of the VG that were lost. I know some stuff was installed
5 > to /opt at the very least (at least java, and netscape extensions).
6 >
7 > So, are there any existing tools that will detect missing installed
8 > files and rebuild those specific builds? Otherwise, I might try to
9 > write a script to do it, but I'd prefer something that already exists.
10
11 You shouldn't have anything from portage in /usr/local. You could use
12 qcheck --all --quiet to find packages that have changed or missing files,
13 then qfile on those packages to see if they install to /opt.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Law of Mechanical Repair: After your hands become coated with
20 grease, your nose will begin to itch.