From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Mplayer can't play DVDs
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 14:30:50
1 > > gxine plays 2 out of 4 of the DVDs every time. mplayer doesn't output
2 > > anything when started from a terminal except the following which pops
3 > > up right away, before a DVD is put in:
4 >
5 > How do you run mplayer from a terminal with no DVD in thr drive, or are
6 > you running gmplayer. Try
7 >
8 > mplayer -dvd-device /dev/dvd dvd://1
9 >
10 > with a DVD in the drive
11
12 I was in fact using gmplayer. Your command above is able to play 2
13 out of 4 of the DVDs just like gxine, and it fails much more
14 gracefully than gxine on the other 2.
15
16 I thought gmplayer was just a UI for mplayer. Why would mplayer play
17 what gmplayer can't? Is there a better UI for mplayer than gmplayer?
18
19 - Grant
20 --
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list