From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Internet providers' IP range (xinetd.conf)
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 14:02:41
1 On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Helmut Jarausch<jarausch@××××××.be> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I'd like to allow remote access (via ssh only) to a given machine.
5 > Unfortunately, my remote IP is dynamic and reverse lookup
6 > (e.g. specifying only_from = .skynet.be in /etc/xinetd.conf) doesn't work.
7 > So, I have to find out which IP ranges are used by a given
8 > internet provider (e.g. skynet.be).
9 >
10 > Does anybody know how to find out?
11 >
12 > Many thanks for a hint,
13 > Helmut.
14
15 Easiest way: ask them to tell you the ranges :) Otherwise would be
16 guessing. You can look at arin (or local equivalent) to see which IP
17 range(s) they own. But nobody knows for sure other than them.