From: Tamer Higazi <th982a@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wanrouter modprobe
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2013 11:52:50
1 Hi Alan,
2 insmod wanrouter.ko tells me in dmesg:
5 wanrouter: exports duplicate symbol register_wan_device (owned by kernel)
8 what does this message mean here ???
11 Tamer
14 Am 07.03.2013 21:57, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
15 > On 07/03/2013 22:53, Daniel Frey wrote:
16 >> On 03/07/2013 09:23 AM, Tamer Higazi wrote:
17 >>> Hi people!
18 >>> I have tried to install the latest release of wanpipe through the
19 >>> freeswitch overlay, which I did so far successfully. Shortly I have
20 >>> realised, that the "wanrouter" module is not loadable. When I try to
21 >>> load it I get the following error:
22 >>>
23 >>> office / # modprobe wanrouter
24 >>> modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'wanrouter': Exec format error
25 >>>
26 >>>
27 >>> What could it be?!
28 >>>
29 >>
30 >> It sounds like the kernel doesn't know how to run the binary. I don't
31 >> have experience with this particular error, but maybe running
32 >>
33 >> `file wanrouter.ko`
34 >>
35 >> and checking to see what it says may be of help.
36 >>
37 >> It should tell you what executable format it is using, then you'd need
38 >> to cross-reference in the kernel .config to make sure you have support
39 >> for that executable format compiled in.
40 >>
41 >> Dan
44 > He should also check what dmesg says when modprobing the module, that
45 > usually gives a clue.
46 >
47 > An elementary Google search reveals that it's usually obvious things
48 > like trying to load a module built for a different kernel version, or
49 > trying to load a module that is not compatible with another one already
50 > loaded.