From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wanrouter modprobe
Date: Thu, 07 Mar 2013 20:59:23
1 On 07/03/2013 22:53, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 > On 03/07/2013 09:23 AM, Tamer Higazi wrote:
3 >> Hi people!
4 >> I have tried to install the latest release of wanpipe through the
5 >> freeswitch overlay, which I did so far successfully. Shortly I have
6 >> realised, that the "wanrouter" module is not loadable. When I try to
7 >> load it I get the following error:
8 >>
9 >> office / # modprobe wanrouter
10 >> modprobe: ERROR: could not insert 'wanrouter': Exec format error
13 >> What could it be?!
16 > It sounds like the kernel doesn't know how to run the binary. I don't
17 > have experience with this particular error, but maybe running
18 >
19 > `file wanrouter.ko`
20 >
21 > and checking to see what it says may be of help.
22 >
23 > It should tell you what executable format it is using, then you'd need
24 > to cross-reference in the kernel .config to make sure you have support
25 > for that executable format compiled in.
26 >
27 > Dan
30 He should also check what dmesg says when modprobing the module, that
31 usually gives a clue.
32
33 An elementary Google search reveals that it's usually obvious things
34 like trying to load a module built for a different kernel version, or
35 trying to load a module that is not compatible with another one already
36 loaded.
39 Alan McKinnon
40 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com