From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE compose key with Fluxbox
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:18:37
1 120409 Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday 09 Apr 2012 20:35:33 Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> The gruesome details cb found in KDE bug 294949 .
4 > I add the second keyboard as Option "XkbLayout" in my xorg.conf
5 > and Option "XkbOptions" "grp:alt_shift_toggle,grp_led:scroll"
6 > to be able to use Alt+Shift to activate it.
7
8 That's useful if you sometimes use one language & sometimes another,
9 but I simply want to insert Greek words into an otherwise English text,
10 which I can do easily with Gvim, but can't get to work in Kwrite/Kate.
11
12 I've done some further investigation which is described under the bug above
13 & it seems clear it really is a bug in KDE, ie for compose-key to work
14 you have to be running the full KDE desktop, not eg Fluxbox,
15 which conflicts with KDE's claim to be a "software collection".
16
17 Any other suggestions wb welcome, but please check the KDE bug first.
21 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
22 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
23 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca