From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot shutdown KDE
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:41:11
1 C. Beamer wrote:
2 > and 4 configuration files related to kde were updated. The files
3 > were: klipperrc, ksslcalist, kdmrc, and libkleopatrarc.
4
5 Ah, kdmrc... Don't do that. :) Press 2 when that one comes along.
6
7 > So, in a nutshell, I still cannot shutdown or reboot when I
8 > select these from the menu on KDE logout.
9
10 Best would be to recover your kdmrc from a backup.
11
12 Failing that: Control Center > System Administration > Login Manager
13 > Administrator Mode > the tab Shutdown > and allow Local Shutdown
14 to Everybody.
15
16 HTH,
17