From: john <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [Maybe OT]: Instability of system
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 04:29:34
1 On Thu, 24 May 2018 18:31:35 -0400
2 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Thu, May 24, 2018 at 7:21 PM john <jdm@××××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > > On Sun, 20 May 2018 23:20:36 +0100
6 > > Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
7 >
8 > > > On Sunday, 20 May 2018 21:54:32 BST Alan Mackenzie wrote:
9 > > > >
10 > > > > My system is an AMD Ryzen processor on an Asus Prime X370-Pro
11 > > > > mainboard, and is just over a year old.
12 > > > >
13 > > Interesting post.
14 > > Just read this and have same issue.
15 > > AMD Ryzen
16 > > X370 Asus motherboard
19 > You guys don't have an early CPU with the segfault bug, do you? I
20 > don't know if they ever fully characterized the circumstances that
21 > can cause it, but if it can make a compiler segfault, I don't see why
22 > it couldn't make a kernel panic. At least not without knowing more
23 > about what actually triggers the bug...
26 Could be. I bought CPU only a month or so after release.
27 Initially thought it was an enlightenment desktop issue but have
28 reproduced on KDE and xfce. It happens usually when doing something
29 quite simple like clicking on a Window to minimise or just in a
30 terminal. Nothing stressful like an emerge gcc.
31
32 Never found anything in logs but not sure if there is a better way to
33 capture problem.
34
35 Its a Ryzen 1700X
36