From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How to do port-based routing?
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 19:27:04
1 On 2008-03-03, Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na> wrote:
2 > On Monday 03 March 2008, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >> I'm trying to figure out how to do port-based routing. I found
4 >> a HOWTO that does pretty much exactly what I'm trying to do:
5 >>
6 >> http://www.linuxhorizon.ro/iproute2.html
7 >>
8 >> However, it's using iptables, which I thought was deprecated,
9 >
10 > Not to my knowledge.
11
12 I would have sworn that one source I found said that ipchains
13 and iptables were both deprecated in favor of netfilter, but
14 AFAICT, iptables is the user-space portion of netfilter.
17 Grant Edwards grante Yow! I Know A Joke!!
18 at
19 visi.com
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list