From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin only allowing a single instance after update
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 08:18:50
1 On Friday, 23 August 2019 05:56:07 BST Dale wrote:
2 > It seems it is hardcoded to do this at the moment.
3 > This seriously makes me want to start using another file manager. I
4 > don't mind someone testing new features but at the very least, have it
5 > where it can be disabled for those who do not want it or are set up not
6 > to need it.
7
8 You're missing the point! As soon as something works as most users want, or
9 becoming used to at any rate, the KDE devs will <aheam!> /improve/ their
10 software by breaking its most desired functionality - sometimes irrepairably.
11 LOL!
12
13 Konqueror was the best file manager ever, with multiple vertical and
14 horizontal window split, with kio-slaves which would process or play anything
15 and everything you threw at it, with browser integration, ftp/s and sftp/fish,
16 etc. Nope, evidently konqueror wasn't good enough, so here comes dolphin
17 which can't do half of what konqueror was able to offer us. I better not
18 mention kmail2, because I don't want anyone to think this message was written
19 by Edgar Allan Poe. :-(
22 Regards,
23
24 Mick