From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bootup drops back to console from kdm
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 11:27:54
1 On Tuesday 06 October 2009, Kyle Bader wrote:
2 > Output from "rc-update show" ?
3
4 Thanks Kyle, results follow at the bottom of the thread.
5
6 > On 10/4/09, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
7 > > It must be a year or so now with all different kernels. On boot up kdm
8 > > fires
9 > > up, but within 5 seconds or so and while the use is busy entering their
10 > > passwd on the kdm screen, it suddenly returns to the console. Alt+F7
11 > > brings them back to their kdm, but this behaviour is clearly wrong. I
12 > > suspect that this is caused by dhcpcd getting an IP address, or vixie
13 > > cron (the last two things shown on the console when the user gets dumped
14 > > back on it) but I can't
15 > > understand why these two services will cause such a problem on this
16 > > machine, when other machines with the same services work fine.
17 > >
18 > > Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this one? I can't see anything amiss on
19 > > dmesg, or messages/syslog.
20
21 # rc-update -s -v
22 acpid |