From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gentoo's advantage: 'optimized for your system' -- huh?
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 15:32:53
1 On Donnerstag 05 Februar 2009, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2009-02-05, Dirk Uys <dirkcuys@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > The type of user I don't like is the ignorant type. Innocent
4 > > users are ok, they don't know, but ignorant users choose not
5 > > to know.
6 >
7 > Surely there are things you use without knowing how they work.
8 > You probably use a phone, but do you _really_ know how the
9 > cellular system works?
10
11 that is not needed. But reading the manual of the phone is.
14 > How about the landline phone system?
15 > The water supply system? Sewage treatment? Do you know how a
16 > refinery works? A chemical plant? How about the CPU in your
17 > computer. Do you actually know how it works?
18
19 irrelevant to the problem discussed.
20
21 But yes, I know how sewage treatment works.
22
23 > We're all ignorant about 99% of the things we use. You just
24 > happened to choose a different 1% than some other people.
25
26 no. Some people read the manuals that come with the tools they get, others
27 don't and then complain when something does not work or sue someone because
28 they hurt themselves. The second group are idiots. There are lots of idiots -
29 but you should NEVER cater for them or you create more of them. And the last
30 thing this world needs is more idiots.