From: "Rafael Fernández López" <info@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ncurses seems to behave in a strange manner
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:55:30
1 On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 07:33:18PM +0200, Rafael Fernández López wrote:
2 > On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 07:04:49PM +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
3 > > Rafael Fernández López wrote:
4 > > > But there is more: I thought that maybe it was a problem of those
5 > > > apps and that they weren't as polished as they should, but when I
6 > > > run 'make menuconfig' to update some kind of thing of my kernel,
7 > > > I see that all those lines that were showed smoothly with my
8 > > > live-cd now are malformed and dialogs are just ugly, and not
9 > > > pretty.
10 > >
11 > > Maybe a locale issue? Does 'LC_ALL=C make menuconfig' show the
12 > > same? If so, select and paste such a screen into your mail.
13 >
14 > It seems that it didn't fix the problem. I am not sure if it is a
15 > locales issue. Here are two screenshots:
16 >
17 > http://www.maestroprogramador.com/ncurses1.JPG
18 > http://www.maestroprogramador.com/ncurses2.JPG
19 >
20 > I am using unicode in my USE, and my encoding is es_ES.UTF-8. Yes, I
21 > have set /etc/env.d/02locale to that encoding.
24 Well, it seems that it is a ncurses bug. I've searched and found bug
25 number 106820 in gentoo bugzilla if you are interested.
26
27 Thanks,
28 Rafael Fernández López.
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list