From: "Rafael Fernández López" <info@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ncurses seems to behave in a strange manner
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 17:38:03
1 On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 07:04:49PM +0200, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
2 > Rafael Fernández López wrote:
3 > > But there is more: I thought that maybe it was a problem of those
4 > > apps and that they weren't as polished as they should, but when I
5 > > run 'make menuconfig' to update some kind of thing of my kernel,
6 > > I see that all those lines that were showed smoothly with my
7 > > live-cd now are malformed and dialogs are just ugly, and not
8 > > pretty.
9 >
10 > Maybe a locale issue? Does 'LC_ALL=C make menuconfig' show the
11 > same? If so, select and paste such a screen into your mail.
12
13 It seems that it didn't fix the problem. I am not sure if it is a
14 locales issue. Here are two screenshots:
15
16 http://www.maestroprogramador.com/ncurses1.JPG
17 http://www.maestroprogramador.com/ncurses2.JPG
18
19 I am using unicode in my USE, and my encoding is es_ES.UTF-8. Yes, I
20 have set /etc/env.d/02locale to that encoding.
21
22 Thank you,
23 Rafael Fernandez Lopez.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list