From: Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Skype && pulseaudio
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:03:45
1 Am Montag 22 Februar 2010 17:42:22 schrieb David:
2 > Alexander Puchmayr wrote:
3 > > Just tried this tool, but it seems to be a complete failure. Just gives a
4 > > box with "connection refused", but no information what it tries to
5 > > connect to. The pulseaudio-deamon itself is running, and I can connect to
6 > > it via pacmd without any problem.
7 > >
8 > > Alex
11 I really don't know what was going on yesterday, but after getting rid of the
12 ~/.pulse directory and logging out and in again, this particular problem
13 vanished.
14
15 NB: I started the deamon as user, not as root.
16
17 > I don't use it system wide, here are the guides I used;
18 > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-789181-highlight-pulseaudio.html
19 > http://pulseaudio.org/wiki/PerfectSetup
22 The original problem is still not solved: How do I tell pulseaudio that the
23 sound from application XX shall go to device YY ???
24
25 Alex