From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev.rules: Two "removeable" SATA-hds...how to map to /dev ???
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 09:23:23
1 On 8/3/06, Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > Trying to write some udev rules to map two identical (model wise)
5 > SATA-harddiscs to different entries in /dev/. got a question mark
6 > into my head:
7
8 I don't see any obvious way of doing this with udev. I have some
9 identical USB drives that I use, and I can identify them by serial
10 number, but this doesn't seem possible for SATA drives.
11
12 Your best bet may be to mount filesystems by label, or use LVM to
13 accomplish something similar.
14
15 -Richard
16 --