From: Patric <bzk0711@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Nvidia GeForce Go 6800 and nvidia-drivers ==> Cannot switch to ttys or close X
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:08:53
1 andrea wrote:
2 > ...
3 > The X session loads smooth with no errors and no warnings but after X is
4 > loaded there is no way to come back to the framebuffer console (pressing
5 > CTRL+ALT+F* or closing the session).
6 >
7 > I get an almost white screen with some distorsion. If I come back
8 > pressing CTRL+ALT+F7 I see my X session up n running.
9 > The same happens if I close my session and then write "startx" on the
10 > white screen. I have a brand new session running with no problems and no
11 > errors.
12
13 I'm afraid I can't provide any help on this, but wanted to mention that I
14 experience exactly the same behaviour with my GeForce Go 6800 (TurboCache).
15 And this is not only for the current driver, but has been the case ever since i
16 own this notebook (it's an Acer Travelmate 4150LMi). The nvidia driver version
17 at the time I got it was 1.0-7184, and was already broken back then.
18 I would really love to see a solution for this, since not being able to leave X
19 is pretty annoying.
20 I should mention that on this system I have Debian installed, and used
21 kernel.orgs vanilla kernel + nvidia driver from their homepage ever since.
22
23 Regards,
24 Patric
25