From: "Lucien D." <ldunning@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating installation for "slow" system on a "big" host
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:20:46
1 On 7/29/05, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
2 > Lucien D. schrieb:
3 >
4 > > computer for that one. Whichever you choose there is plenty of
5 > > documentation for either.
6 >
7 > Care to point me to one you like especially well? :)
8
9 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/distcc.xml
10
11 This had all the info that I needed to get things working
12
13 I haven't had much experience building packages on one machine for
14 another, but that site mentioned in an earlier post
15 (http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_A_Build_Host) seems to be a good
16 place to look. If you aren't using LVM like the author is and can't
17 easily create a seperate filesystem for building you may look into
18 setting up a chroot enviroment. I've seen it suggested for situations
19 such are yours, however, I'm definitely not the one to be giving
20 advice on it, there are plenty of people here far more qualified than
21 me.
22
23 HTH
24 Lucien
28 > Alexander Skwar
29 > --
30 > The Bene Gesserit tell no casual lies. Truth serves us better.
31 >
32 > -- BENE GESSERIT CODA
33 > --
34 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list