From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating installation for "slow" system on a "big" host
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:33:36
1 Lucien D. schrieb:
2 > On 7/29/05, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
3 >> Lucien D. schrieb:
4 >>
5 >> > computer for that one. Whichever you choose there is plenty of
6 >> > documentation for either.
7 >>
8 >> Care to point me to one you like especially well? :)
9 >
10 > http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/distcc.xml
11 >
12 > This had all the info that I needed to get things working
13 >
14 > I haven't had much experience building packages on one machine for
15 > another, but that site mentioned in an earlier post
16 > (http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_A_Build_Host) seems to be a good
17 > place to look.
18
19 Yep, it really does. As you might have seen, I've got a question
20 regarding the Howto. Basically, I wonder why it's mounting a
21 directory on the server from the server via NFS and not using
22 a bind mount.
23
24 Any idea?
25
26 > If you aren't using LVM
27
28 I will certainly use LVM. If possible, also for root (there's
29 a howto for root lvm on gentoo-wiki.com, IIRC). And I'm also using
30 LVM on the server - LVM just totally rocks :)
31
32 Alexander Skwar
33 --
34 The greatest griefs are those we cause ourselves.
35 -- Sophocles
36 --
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list