From: Andrea Conti <alyf@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: checking whether the C compiler works... no Oooops !!
Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 07:45:18
1 > Well, this ain't good. Neither python-updater nor revdep-rebuild can
2 > complete. Either it is a missing package or some other error. Am I to
3 > the point where I have to reinstall?
4
5 If you can't sort out the mess manually, try emerge -e system, then
6 emerge -e world. You can also save some time by substituting the above
7 with emerge -eb system followed by emerge -ek world (this will skip a
8 second build of the system set by using binary packages from the first
9 build. If you have FEATURES=buildpkg, you should delete the contents of
10 your binary package directory before starting).
11
12 Although, depending on your hardware and on the contents of your wold
13 file, just reinstalling the whole thing could be faster.
14
15 andrea