From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] boot problems
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 12:10:38
1 Am 16.05.2014 13:56, schrieb Bruce Schultz:
2
3 >> I ask because in all my reorganizing furor I also thought that now
4 >> with btrfs only I could get rid of "lvm mdraid" as dracut-modules.
5 >> I can try ... ;-) (don't call me "ricer")
6 >
7 > If you have a multi-disk btrfs, I think you need to add the btrfs
8 > dracut module. At least that's how I remember it, but its been a
9 > while & my memory could be failing me, or it could well have changed
10 > since then.
11
12 I currently have in /etc/dracut.conf:
13
14 add_dracutmodules+="bash systemd"
15 hostonly="yes"
16 hostonly_cmdline="yes"
17
18 and am able to boot via grub2 and efi, that means,
19
20 /boot/efi (vfat) on /dev/sda1 (sda is the SSD)
21
22 and
23
24 / as btrfs-subvol on /dev/sda2 (with /boot as directory on it).
25
26 So no multi-disk btrfs for / or /boot on this machine.
27
28 -
29
30 removing "lvm mdraid" from dracut slimmed down the initrd from around
31 6.8 MB to 5.5 MB ... nice, but not necessary as Canek mentioned.
32
33 I just "play" with it to learn and understand even better.
34
35 I am not sure what the module "systemd" does or is good for, and
36
37 https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/dracut/dracut.html#dracut.kernel
38
39 does look scary and didn't tell me more about that module yet.
40
41 I will read more when I find the time, for now it works very well here.
44 Stefan