From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Irritating ~5s pause whilst booting with grub
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2018 08:34:00
1 On Tuesday, 23 October 2018 22:08:43 BST Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > Use a UEFI boot manager, which is much simpler than GRUB. If you use
4 > systemd you already have one if you installed it with USE="gnuefi".
5 > Otherwise use the standalone version, systemd-boot. Or you can use
6 > refind, but that is a bit more sugary.
7
8 Agreed. I was forced into it when I couldn't get grub to boot on this machine,
9 then new. I've never been so relieved to see the back of any program as grub.
12 Regards,
13 Peter.