From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SATA
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 13:43:31
1 On Sunday 03 December 2006 12:58, Alan E. Davis wrote:
2 > I am trying to install a SATA drive from another machine, so I can
3 > access backups and install them into the current system's filesystem.
4 >
5 > lspci gives the following
6 > moon lngndvs # lspci |grep ATA
7 > 00:16.1 IDE interface: ALi Corporation ULi M5288 SATA
8 >
9 > However according to dmesg, nothing is recognized or configured. I'm
10 > not sure where to turn next. Besides compiling support into the
11 > kernel, what else must me done? I have compiled a kernel with support
12 > for ULI SATA (SCSI_SATA_ULI).
13
14 It's most likely a kernel issue (or the lack of the SATA controller in your
15 host machine?!). Compile CONFIG_SCSI_SATA into your kernel and try again.
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick