From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] SATA
Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 13:05:05
1 I am trying to install a SATA drive from another machine, so I can
2 access backups and install them into the current system's filesystem.
3
4 lspci gives the following
5 moon lngndvs # lspci |grep ATA
6 00:16.1 IDE interface: ALi Corporation ULi M5288 SATA
7
8 However according to dmesg, nothing is recognized or configured. I'm
9 not sure where to turn next. Besides compiling support into the
10 kernel, what else must me done? I have compiled a kernel with support
11 for ULI SATA (SCSI_SATA_ULI).
12
13 Uncle! (Can someone point to a useful doc?)
14
15 Alan Davis
16 --
17 Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan lngndvs@×××××.com 1-670-256-2043
18
19 I consider that the golden rule requires that if I like a program I
20 must share it with other people who like it.
21 --------Richard Stallman
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list