From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using multiple languages in XFCE (and the console)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 23:39:26
1 list-catcher schrieb am 15.02.2009 00:10:
2 > I'm taking an online Spanish course which requires the use of accented
3 > vowels along with the ñ character. Right now I'm forced to cut and
4 > paste these letters when I need them but that's slowly driving me
5 > insane. Is there a way I can use a control or alt key along with the
6 > vowel (or n) to make the appropriate accented version? Is there
7 > another way to handle this?
10 As XFCE is based on GTK+ you should be able to use this combination
11 CTRL+SHIFT+U+Hexcode [1].
12
13 You can release CTRL+SHIFT after typing U then type the hexcode and hit
14 Enter. After that the character appears. When holding CTRL+SHIFT then
15 typing U+Hexcode the character appears after releasing CTRL+SHIFT.
16
17 From [2]
18 N WITH TILDE, LATIN CAPITAL LETTER 00D1
19 N WITH TILDE, LATIN SMALL LETTER 00F1
20
21 CTRL+SHIFT+U+00D1 = Ñ
22 CTRL+SHIFT+U+00F1 = ñ
23